FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM USERS OF OUR VARIOUS ONLINE MEDIA PLATFORMS
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, or website?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number, Age or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey or involve in our polls or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalize user's experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect visitor information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by authorized personnel who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Do we use 'cookies'?
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to outside parties. This does not include hosting partners and other service providers who assist us in operating our websites, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services through our website. These third party products or services have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Online Privacy Protection Act
The New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 provides principles which governs the use of personal information in whatever form it is being held - electronic, manual, or otherwise. We can only retain your personal information for so long as it may lawfully be used and and is accurate at the time of use. We will assist your request to access personal information and if required provide correction as required.
(For more information - https://www.privacy.org.nz)
We agree to the following:
Users are able to change their personal information:
• By emailing us
• By logging in to their account
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA currently in force in the US and most EU countries) puts parents in control. New Zealand’s consumer protection agency, may enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
Information Use and Practices
Understanding the New Zealand Information laws and principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993, we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
As soon as a breach is declared, we will notify users via email and a phone call.
We will also notify the users via letter, within 7 business days and notify all users with a generic message as soon as a breach is declared.
The New Zealand Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007 (UEMA) as well as the Privacy Act 1993, sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
• We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
To be in accordance with UEMA we agree to the following:
• NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
• Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can
• Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Should there be any other item that is not included in this disclaimer, we will endeavor to work in your favour.
Pacific Media Network
Level 4, 2 Osterley Way
Manukau, Auckland 2104